British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post, based from Lilleshall National Sports Centre
37 hours per week
Based at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
Salary range £16,500 to £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + pension + 34 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays and Company Days)
British Gymnastics is on a roll. Participation and membership are rising, our fan base is growing, and our medal-winning British Team has never been so prolific. As one of the most successful sports governing bodies in the UK, we are thrilled with what’s been achieved. This really is a remarkable time to be involved in gymnastics, and we are very proud of the part we have played in driving the development, delivery, promotion and success of the sport.
Our Safeguarding Team are looking for a Safeguarding Coordinator to support Safeguarding Case Management and other key services and activities; to ensure compliance, promote best practice and a safe sport for all our members.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Responding to telephone/email enquiries. Providing excellent customer support, guidance and assistance on matters routine for Safeguarding, promoting adherence to standards.
- Facilitating/coordinating safeguarding activities:
- Receiving and recording incoming telephone/email complaints/concerns/enquiries.
- Conducting and supporting safeguarding investigations: Receiving and recording complaints, conducting telephone enquiries, obtaining witness accounts, liaising with Clubs, Regional Welfare Officers and statutory agencies.
- Supporting risk assessment activities.
- Leading on low risk cases/complaints.
- Compiling reports, letters and maintaining case files and notes.
- Maintaining integrity of the case management system. Working in collaboration with colleagues, clubs and relevant agencies, ensuring all activities are completed and logged within standards and timeframes, maintaining accurate and timely records and other file management systems.
- Supporting Criminal Records Checks. Assist the Lead Signatory in processing and referral activities including maintaining a database, interviewing subjects, taking references, conducting risk assessments and issuing notifications.
- Processing team expenses. Assist Safeguarding Manager with routine processing of team expenses, claims, invoices and purchase orders, utilising the internal operating system.
- Providing administrative support for external service providers. Establish Contracts for Services, processing expense claims and maintaining a skills register.
- Maintaining effective internal communications. As directed, effectively communicate team activities and initiatives including keeping other internal departments appropriately appraised: Business Support Partners (club and case issues), Customer Services (member and insurance issues), Heads of Delegation/Performance Sport (coach and athlete issues), HR (contractor issues).
The ideal individual will have/be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience of case management and associated activities.
- A good understanding of legislation, regulated frameworks, standards and practices in relation to Safeguarding, Child Protection, Criminal Records Checks and Welfare issues.
- Be able to demonstrate effective investigation and interview skills (listening, questioning, non-judgmental, honest, open, factual, confidential, sensitive, inquisitive and analytical).
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and ability to deliver training/presentations.
- Excellent record keeping and ability to multi-task.
More details about the role can be found
British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 1st September 2019
Interview dates: 10th September 2019